Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Zipping Right Along

Time and what I'm managing to do with it is zipping right along. Even the needed do-hardly-anything day yesterday helped immensely. My husband even called into work and we both pretty much worked on getting rid of our colds. I'm sure I gave it to him for that matter.

It made it close to 50 yesterday, but turned the world into soupiness as the snow melted. Our road is pretty much a mud pit due to the dirt they throw on it during the winter. So it warmed up after all that snow we had when I posted only three days ago. Of couse, today it stays cooler and rains all day. I'm ready for warm weather where I can get out without having to wear boots for a walk or too many layers. Actually I'm ready for some nice 70 degree and sunny days. I'm finding it far too easy to be lethargic these days.

On a good point, I definitely was not lethargic on Sunday. I got about 25% of my sci fi novel in outline mode. So far one scene jumps out that needs editing, but not much. Finding I'm wanting to leave the worldly stuff in there to a degree to show how it contrasts with how the character feels and changes by the end of the novel. I just don't want anything risque scampering around in the pages. ;)

The interesting thing is the outline is way different from the one for the homework assignment I did using the young adult novel idea. However, both are helping with the writing process as needed for each story. I'll be able to go back to the YA novel more easily now with what I have done for the homework assignments in order to finish writing it. The sci fi novel, I'll know where I need to edit, delete or add scenes in order for proper flow and timing of the plot as well as keeping the character arch true.

I think the in depth outline I'm doing for the completed sci fi novel is going to wind up being around 25 pages or more by the time I'm done. I'm guessing it will take a minimum of 12 hours to complete due to it taking 3 hours for the first 25% of the story. I would love to have it done by this weekend, but we shall see how that goes. Only good thing is that I'm back to my normal work schedule which might actually help me get things done.

I think I'm up to doing a workout when I get home before I plunge into my outline. The moving around will help immensely. This nerve issue with my left arm will hopefully get some relief if I get in the stretching and weight training the physical therapist told me to keep doing. Due to the crummy weather, I'll hop on the treadmill if it is in a place where I can get it plugged in. Use of the equipment we have at home is random now based on the fact we have pieces of book shelving being assembled taking up living room space and crowding out the exercise equipment areas. It will all lead to even more organizing and getting things where they belong in the house once done. Less clutter will even help the den and how I arrange my writing areas.

When I feel fried on my novel editing, I'll grab my article and work on the suggested edits from the critiques I got. I could try a story for the faithwriters topic of the week, too. Now what was that? Yup, definitely in novel mode at the moment.

No comments: