Monday, February 4, 2008

The Intro

There are the little blurbs to the right to give you some hint about me. Maybe it has made you curious already. If it has, I'm sorry to disappoint you already. The story is very long and several years. As I blog here you will get a mixture of my past, present and future of my life as an aspiring writer. Someday that will be continuing life of a published writer.

I've always wanted to become published, even as a teen, but somehow I'm almost forty and not there yet. Far too much procrastination and just letting life get in the way. Some times life will cause a delay, but it shouldn't stop us entirely. Every day a little bit of writing or research into the how-to's should be accomplished even if it may only be an hour. Let's say even if that is an hour interrupted many times that takes all day. I've actually written ideas at work during breaks just to make sure I didn't lose them or researched something on the internet.

The best thing that has happened in the past year is that I did get remarried and to a man that loves to encourage me to write as much as he loves to work with wood and cook. I actually feel guilty because I actually let him do most of the cooking, but I truly believe that is one of the ways he loves to serve me. The hard part is that normal working hours do not match at all, but we've found our ways around this. We are quite independent and use the time for our favorite pursuits: I write and he builds things or cooks. Of course, if we tag team the kitchen, I can be cleaning up behind him and that allows for us to possibly crank out three different things in a couple hours that we can eat for several days to come.

I even have minor disabilities which used to be major. You try being a writer with one hand when you are normally a touch typist. So the worst part of the last year was healing while fully out of work for over four months. Somehow I did not get overly far behind on my course work for the Christian Writers Guild Apprenticeship program I started in 2006. I think I fell behind faster due to house remodeling/addition building, wedding planning, and moving last fall than I did due to my disability. I know why, too. I had plenty of time to type with one finger while on disability.

So there is the intro in a nutshell and the story will unfold from here. Be sure of it. I love to blog! I have the gift of gab fully inherited directly from mom. Thanks, Mom!

No comments: