Wednesday, February 13, 2008

So It's Wednesday Already

...and I still don't have my weekly challenge written for FW.

It's one of those weird weather days, ending in fun snow to drive home in after a downpouring rain. I give up figuring out the weather for this winter. I'm just wanting to hybernate for another 6 weeks or so.

I actually like playing online video games, but I killed my subscription in order to make sure I did writing instead. Probably a good thing since I really want to be doing that now instead of writing. Of course, I can't. So instead I caught up on some message board stuff at FaithWriters, killed my email, and checked out the boards and blog at the Christian Writers Forum.

So it's an hour later and now I'm typing here instead of typing my challenge entry. Funny thing is my entries I wind up doing at work in little snipets seem to do the best. One won 3rd place and another was in 8th place. I'll know tomorrow how the one I finally did from home placed. It did get some great comments and some good red ink fixes, too.

It's just a jumbled brain day. However, I was really focused at work. I did data entry for some measurements obtained from testing, edited two reports so that all I have to do is enter information in as I get the rest of it, and reviewed this 461 page factory exceptance test for an assembly line. Maybe I wore the brain out with all that geeky engineer stuff. =)

I'm really beginning to believe that due to all the technical like writing I have to do at work, this is one reason I really love fiction when I work on my writing at home. It's a productive escape from reality while the computer games were simply an escape. I honestly prefer the productive kind of escapes and change of paces.

Now to convince my cat he is not supposed to be sitting on my arm that has all the issues and has the continually tingly/semi-numb hand attached. It actually hurts. Silly cuddle muffin. He has always been the infamous lap cat and computer helper since he was a kitten.

2 comments:

Julie Arduini said...

you got it written, right?
I never did, and I don't quite understand this week's and am waiting for Deb's clarification.

I could be writing too, but it's more fun reading your blog!

Julie
(CWF/FW)

Althea said...

I should check my own blog more often. =D

I indeed got an entry in and it is on the jewel list, too. Got lots of great comments to. Kinda scared there is little red ink on it except for some grammar only one person noticed and someone else said they didn't notice glaring issues as they got caught in the story.